To make sure our policy work reaches all devolved nations and the Republic of Ireland, we have set up four Country Policy Working groups: England Policy Group, Wales Policy Group, Scotland Policy Group and Ireland Policy Group (including Republic of Ireland).
The purpose of the four country-specific working groups is to:
- Provide strategic leadership on the development and delivery of our policy positions and activities in the relevant country.
- Horizon-scan and monitor relevant policy issues to identify areas of policy that we could be proactive in.
- Draft responses to country-specific policy issues, for example, through consultation and inquiry responses and developing position statements.
- Organise and/or participate in relevant meetings and events.
- Ensure that our views are represented to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic oversight for partnerships and liaise with appropriate bodies in the group’s country of operation.
- Build relationships with relevant partners and policy and decision-makers.
The country policy working groups work in collaboration with the Strategic Policy Panel and Policy and Communications Manager and, where appropriate, with the relevant Geographic Section Committee(s) and Country Project Officers. Ideally, one member from each country policy working group will attend Strategic Policy Panel meetings.
Meetings of each group are held quarterly by teleconference, or as needed for specific activities. In exceptional circumstances a physical meeting may be organised. Groups agree the level of activity that they engage in between meetings.
Members of the England Policy Group
Graham Morgan – Chair
Members of the Ireland Policy Group
Jenny Neff – Chair
Members of the Scotland Policy Group
Kathy Dale – Chair
Thomas Mallows – Vice Chair
Desmond B Thompson
Members of the Wales Policy Group
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org