To make sure our policy work reaches all devolved nations and the Republic of Ireland, we have set up four Country Policy Working groups: England Policy Group, Wales Policy Group, Scotland Policy Group and Ireland Policy Group (including Republic of Ireland).
The purpose of the four country-specific working groups is to:
- Provide strategic leadership on the development and delivery of our policy positions and activities in the relevant country.
- Horizon-scan and monitor relevant policy issues to identify areas of policy that we could be proactive in.
- Draft responses to country-specific policy issues, for example, through consultation and inquiry responses and developing position statements.
- Organise and/or participate in relevant meetings and events.
- Ensure that our views are represented to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic oversight for partnerships and liaise with appropriate bodies in the group’s country of operation.
- Build relationships with relevant partners and policy and decision-makers.
Recent examples of work by our policy group include:
The country policy working groups work in collaboration with the Strategic Policy Panel and CIEEM Policy Team and, where appropriate, with the relevant Geographic Section Committee(s) and Country Project Officers.
Policy Group Volunteer Vacancies
We are recruiting more experts to our Country Policy Groups. This is our opportunity to influence the UK and Irish governments and decision-makers with evidence-based advice and recommendations.
As a Country Policy Group member, we ask that you:
- Review and comment on consultation responses that are relevant to your expertise.
- Keep an eye out for opportunities for policy engagement.
- Input into the development and production of Country Policy Group projects. These include, but are not limited to, advice notes, briefings, position statements and events.
- Where possible, help with gathering contacts and setting up meetings to communicate our policy positions and build relationships.
Applications are open to CIEEM members at all grades. If you’re interested in joining us, please send a brief biography, your policy experience and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Friday 26 March 2021. Please do get in touch if you have any questions! Places are limited so all applications will be reviewed by existing Policy Group members at their April meetings.
Members of the England Policy Group
- Felicite Dodd – Chair
- Nick Coppin
- Tom Gray
- Lisa Kerslake
- Niall Machin
- Will Manley
- Fiona Mathews
- Timothy Reed
Members of the Ireland Policy Group
- Nick Marchant – Chair
- Orla Maguire
- Katherine Kelleher
- Will Woodrow
- Deborah D’Arcy
- Gavin Fennessy
- Maeve Flynn
- Donncha Madden
- Mary Tubridy
- George Smith
- Aebhin Cawley
- Andrew Torsney
Members of the Scotland Policy Group
- Julie Bhatti – Chair
- Caroline McParland
- Greg Chamberlain
- Roger Crofts
- Stewart Angus
- Desmond B Thompson
- Laura Dunn
- Hannah Williams
- Sarah Kydd
- Cathy Mayne
- Adrian Davis
- Graham Russell
- Rhiannon Ferguson
Members of the Wales Policy Group
- Michael Willis – Chair
- Penny Lewns
- Harriet Webb
- Matthew Harris
- Claire Pooley
- Neil Parker
- Jerry Langford
- Emily Williams
- Sarah Simons
- Craig Llewellyn
- Dan Leow
- Olivia Cairns
- Richard Birch
For further information please contact email@example.com