Why join as a Student member?
Student membership entitles you to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Access to information to help keep you up to date on current topics through relevant publications (quarterly electronic In Practice magazine, e-newsletter and policy briefings).
- Get involved with your local Member Networks: our geographic section events are regionally based and run by a committee of volunteer members who organise local talks, workshops, seminars, field trips and social events across the year.
- Develop your skills and knowledge and progress your career through discounted rates on our training and events programme, including conferences and webinars.
- An online tool to help you record your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) whilst building on what you learn during your studies. For example, if you read relevant literature, take part in a webinar, go to an event, or volunteer, you can record it here.
- Add being a member to your CV and boost employability (some employers will specifically ask that you are, or are eligible to become, a member of CIEEM).
Becoming a Student member will grant you access to a wealth of opportunities to network with experienced professionals and potential employers, giving you a valuable insight into the sector and its various career options. Find out more about becoming an ecologist or environmental manager.
Who can join?
You must be studying on a full-time or part-time course leading to an examined degree, HND, Foundation degree or equivalent qualification in any subject. We ask Student members who wish to continue the membership journey with us once they have finished studying to upgrade their subscription within one year of completing their course.
What does it cost?
CIEEM’s subscription year runs from 1st October annually. Please see the table below for the current membership subscription fee by grade and location.
|N.Ireland & Eire
|N.Ireland & Eire
Should you wish to pay in Euros please contact the Membership team on 01962 868626 to make payment. CIEEM reserves the right to revise Euro fees subject to changes in the rate of exchange.
Our degree accreditation scheme recognises those undergraduate and postgraduate degrees that offer students the essential knowledge and practical skills most sought after by employers in a wide range of roles. To find out more, and to check if your course is accredited, please visit our Accredited Degrees webpage.
Students enrolled on our accredited programmes are eligible for free Student membership, but you can still become a Student member even if you aren’t studying on one of these degrees.