Supporting your application
We strongly encourage you to make use of the additional resources we have created to support you in the application process. If you are still a little unsure about what grade to apply for, then visit the ‘Which Membership grade is best for me?’ page or contact us to discuss your situation.
Whatever membership grade you choose, all successful applicants are required to abide by our Member Regulations and Code of Professional Conduct, so it is a good idea to download and read these before submitting your application:
If you are applying for Qualifying, Associate, Full or Chartered Ecologist status membership you are required to assess your current level of competence. Do this by:
- familiarising yourself with the CIEEM Competency Framework.
- using our Competency Framework online self-assessment tool; and
- watching this short video.
In addition, we strongly encourage applicants applying for Associate or Full membership to make use of the following resources when preparing their submission.
- Membership Application Guidance
- Evidencing competence examples
- ‘Myth-Busting the Membership Application Process’ In Practice article
- ‘Evidencing your Competence Effectively’ In Practice article
- Guidance for Sponsors
Downloading an application form
Once you have decided which grade of membership to apply for you will need to complete and return the appropriate form.
- To apply for Student membership please visit the Student membership webpage
- To apply for Qualifying membership please visit the Qualifying membership webpage
- Download an application form for Associate or Full Membership
- To apply for Chartership please visit the Chartership webpage
- To apply for Fellowship please visit the Fellowship webpage