Our Associate members have established careers and come from a wide range of backgrounds. They are working confidently and consistently well without supervision on increasingly complex projects and may even be supervising others from time to time within small, medium and large consultancies, local authorities, government agencies, statutory bodies and the world of academia. Whatever their role, what these members have in common is a drive to increase their knowledge and experience, develop their careers and promote the highest standards of practice for the benefit of nature and society.
If that sounds like you, read on to explore the benefits of Associate membership.
- Widely regarded professional recognition and use of the ACIEEM suffix.
- A free listing in our online Directory of Members, where you can make your contact details available to a wider audience, including other ecologists/environmental managers.
- Enhance your CV with CIEEM membership.
Training and CPD
- Discounted rates on our extensive professional development programme of conferences, training events and webinars.
- Plan and record your CPD through our online platform.
- A quarterly copy of our highly-regarded In Practice magazine.
- Monthly updates on policy and the latest news from the sector directly to your inbox.
- Advice and support on professional matters through access to our Professional and Technical Guidance resources.
- Local and regional networking opportunities through your nearest Member Network.
- Our Mentoring Platform can help you with your career and professional development by matching you with the perfect mentor based on your goals.
- Opportunities to meet other ecological and environmental professionals and potential employers through our national programme of training and events.
Supporting you and the sector
- Exclusive member discounts from carefully chosen suppliers of equipment and clothing.
- A Member Assistance Programme where you can access an extensive package of support including telephone advice lines, counselling services, and a website on topics such as debt, stress management and mental health.
- Opportunities to influence government and key decision makers on issues of concern.
- Improve your practise by assessing your skills and experience using our Competency Framework.
- Access to a tailored Professional Indemnity Insurance Scheme and other insurance products.
- ‘Give something back’ and develop your own skills through our numerous volunteering opportunities.
- Spread the cost of your membership subscription.
- Take a career break without losing your membership and its benefits, or defer your subscription payment if in financial hardship.
How do I join?
Becoming an Associate member of CIEEM is achieved by providing sufficient evidence of your professional competence. To find out more about the application process have a look at the guidance document and application form found on the Applying for Membership page of our website. We strongly encourage you to make use of the additional resources we have created to support you in the application process.
What does it cost?
CIEEM’s subscription year runs from 1st October annually. Please see the table below for the current membership subscription fees by grade and location, and the administration fees associated with new applications for membership.
|Subscription fee (annual)||Administration fee|
|N. Ireland & Eire
|N. Ireland & Eire
Should you wish to pay in Euros please contact the Membership team on 01962 868626 to make payment. CIEEM reserves the right to revise Euro fees subject to changes in the rate of exchange.