Competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are required to perform certain activities well and which are critical to success in specific professional roles. A competency framework describes the different levels of competence across a range of competencies (singular competency) expected of those working in an organisation or particular profession.
The purpose of CIEEM’s Competency Framework is to:
- specify the levels of competence expected of our members at different professional grades and thereby provide for a competence-based assessment of membership and Chartered Ecologist eligibility;
- support members in identifying their current and required levels of competence and to plan their continuing professional development (CPD) in order to achieve these new levels;
- enable the identification of competence-based professional role profiles;
- support CIEEM’s careers advice and careers guidance; and
- promote high standards of professional practice.