Competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are required to perform certain activities well and which are critical to success in specific professional roles. A competency framework describes the different levels of competence across a range of competencies (singular competency) expected of those working in an organisation or particular profession.
The purpose of CIEEM’s Competency Framework is to:
- specify the levels of competence expected of our members at different professional grades and thereby provide for a competence-based assessment of membership and Chartered Ecologist eligibility;
- support members in identifying their current and required levels of competence and to plan their continuing professional development (CPD) in order to achieve these new levels;
- enable the identification of competence-based professional role profiles;
- support CIEEM’s careers advice and careers guidance; and
- promote high standards of professional practice.
Please be aware that the CIEEM Competency Framework was revised in August 2019 and this version supersedes any previous versions you may have downloaded or linked to.