Our Strategic Policy Panel (SPP) is a sub-committee of the Governing Board, which aims to:
- Provide strategic leadership on the development and delivery of our policy positions and activities.
- Provide strategic horizon-scanning and monitoring of external issues relevant to our work to identify areas of policy that we need to be proactive in.
- Provide strategic oversight for partnerships and liaise with appropriate bodies in England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Europe and internationally.
- Guide, independently or with other organisations, responses to UK, Irish, European and international policy issues, through consultation responses, for example.
- Guide the publishing of our reports and/or position briefings that inform policy-making and the public.
- Guide the organisation of, or participation in, relevant meetings and events that communicate ecological science and practice to public and policy audiences.
- Ensure that our views concerning relevant policy issues are represented to government, other bodies and the public.
- Ensure that we are recognised by relevant external stakeholders as the voice of the profession.
There are a number of groups that report to the Strategic Policy Panel:
Current members of the SPP
- Ben Kite CEcol MCIEEM (Chair)
- Julie Bhatti CEnv MCIEEM
- Felicite Dodd MCIEEM
- Helen Evriviades MCIEEM
- Martina Girvan CEcol MCIEEM
- Paul Goriup CEcol CEnv FCIEEM
- Martyn Kelly CEcol CEnv FCIEEM
- Craig Llewellyn MCIEEM
- Orla Maguire CEnv MCIEEM
- Brandon Murray MCIEEM
- Malcom Robertson CEnv MCIEEM
- Peter Shepherd MCIEEM
- Bill Wadsworth CEnv MCIEEM
- Mike Willis CEcol FCIEEM
- Gavin Wilson MCIEEM
- Will Woodrow CEcol MCIEEM
For more information on the SPP please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.