To apply for Registered Practice status the business or organisation must agree to comply with the Registered Practices Code of Practice and must demonstrate that it complies (and continues to comply whilst registered) with the eligibility criteria set out below.
- It must be a legal entity (e.g. a Limited Business, Business Limited by Guarantee, LLP, Legal Partnership or sole trader). No other related legal entity will be registered as a Registered Practice without a separate application to CIEEM for Registered Practice status.
- It must be able to demonstrate that the business or organisation applying for Registered Practice status undertakes work in the field of ecology and/or environmental management.
- It must be able to demonstrate that it upholds and promotes CIEEM’s Objects.
- At least 90% of permanent contract full-time or part-time employees undertaking ecological or environmental management work for the business or organisation and who are eligible for professional grade membership of CIEEM hold a current professional grade membership or are Member applicants of CIEEM. If the number of permanent contract full-time or part-time employees undertaking ecological or environmental management work for the business or organisation and who are eligible for professional grade membership of CIEEM is between 5 and 9, then one team member may not be a professional grade member or Member applicant of CIEEM.
- The organisation or business includes at least one Full Member or Fellow of CIEEM at a senior level (e.g. owner, Director or Technical Director, Principal, Department Head); and in addition, for organisations or businesses with at least 11 employees undertaking ecological or environmental management work, at least one Chartered Ecologist or Chartered Environmentalist at a senior level.
- The organisation or business is fully committed to complying with the Code of Practice for Registered Practices and must make a declaration to this effect.
- The organisation or business has a published or publicly available Complaints Policy for use by clients, customers and stakeholders.
- The organisation or business has paid the annual registration fee (or pro rata amount in the 1st year).