Supporting the professional development of ecologists and environmental managers to deliver better outcomes for biodiversity is a core activity for us. Our Professional Development Programme provides a range of CPD opportunities delivered by expert trainers with specialist skills and knowledge.
We offer each training provider full support to ensure that all training courses are planned and delivered to the highest professional standard. The training provider agrees to carry out a range of pre-defined tasks on behalf of CIEEM, including:
- Providing a suitable training venue, training resources and refreshments (tea/coffee/water) during the training course (unless otherwise agreed with us in advance).
- Providing us with a training programme and course information at least one month in advance of the course.
- Responding promptly to enquiries from prospective participants (as directed by CIEEM).
- Referring all booking enquiries to CIEEM.
- Delivering a well-planned training programme, using appropriate training methods and imparting information in accordance with the advertised topic, level and learning outcomes.
- Taking responsibility for coordinating all field-based activities, including providing a completed risk assessment.
- Ensuring all delegates are aware of any health and safety risks during the training course.
- Requesting that all participants complete and return a feedback form (provided by CIEEM) at the end of the training course.
- Providing a completed trainer’s evaluation form reflecting on the course successes and areas for improvement, and giving clear responses to participant feedback, in order to support the planning of further events.
- Providing, in advance of the course, copies of public liability and professional indemnity insurances.