CIEEM members are advised first and foremost to do everything they can to keep themselves and others safe. Please do follow the latest advice and restrictions from governments (see CV19 Background Information) for the country in which you work.
The UK Government, Scottish Government, Welsh Government and Northern Ireland Public Health Agency announcements on 23 March 2020 introduced three new measures to reduce day-to-day contact with other people (i.e. requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes; closing non-essential shops and community spaces; and stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public). The UK Government issued additional guidance on what you can and cannot do on 29 March 2020.
In the Republic of Ireland, the Government updated their advice on 27 March 2020 with clear instructions to “stay at home” and only leave for clearly specified reasons.
CIEEM’s Governing Board is keeping the situation under ongoing review and will update these pages as necessary.
We have started a new discussion in the CIEEM LinkedIn group to facilitate members and others sharing ideas for adapting to working differently in light of restrictions. Please do contribute with your thoughts on how you are keeping yourself, your staff and others safe.
Please see the Coronavirus subpages for further advice and information.
Latest Updates to CV19 Webpages
7 April 2020
- Added new guidance from Scottish Government on construction
- Added NHS “10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus”
3 April 2020
2 April 2020
- Added more links to resources on health and well-being
- Updated training courses that are going ahead remotely
- Added additional links to business support in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Added links to Covid-19 information from the UK Parliamentary Office for Science and Technology (POST) and the UK Parliament House of Commons Library
1 April 2020