In September, we declared a climate emergency and biodiversity crisis – but a declaration means nothing without action. That is why we have now launched Action 2030.
As part of this project, we are launching a working group which will devise ways in which we, as a profession, can address the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis.
The Action 2030 working group will:
- Challenge and provide advice to CIEEM on achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2030 in all of its operations and activities.
- Identify means by which CIEEM can lead change to professional practice to reflect opportunities to address the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis.
- Provide information and advice to members on how they can help to address the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis through their professional work.
- Promote the use of nature-based solutions to address the climate emergency.
- Build relationships and share knowledge with other relevant climate emergency and biodiversity crisis working groups.
We are now recruiting for members of Action 2030. Membership is open to all CIEEM members and we would particularly like to encourage our Student and Qualifying members, members from minority groups and members from across all geographic sections to apply.
More information can be found in the Action 2030 Terms of Reference.
If you are interested in joining the group, please contact Amber at email@example.com outlining your interest and experience. We would also like to hear about one action that you have implemented in the last year to address the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis. This can be at an individual scale or influencing others – as long as it is a step in the right direction!
The deadline for applications is 22nd November.