ENDS, the Environmental News Directory Service, has today published the second annual ENDS Report Power List.
This the second year that ENDS has published the list, the first being in 2022.
The list recognises “the 100 UK environmental professionals who have made the greatest impact in the past two years – as nominated by their colleagues, clients and competitors.”
“To feature on the list, an individual must have met at least one of four broad criteria. They may have shaped or influenced national or local environmental policy. Their actions may have enhanced the reputation of the environmental profession. Their work may have resulted in demonstrable and positive environmental improvements. Or they may be unsung heroes whose work is delivering positive change without receiving the recognition they deserve.”
We are proud and pleased to see so many CIEEM members, Patrons and staff on the list this year.
- Carlos Abrahams MCIEEM, Director of Bioacoustics, Baker Consultants
- Julia Baker CEnv MCIEEM, Head of Nature Services, Mott Macdonald
- Tom Butterworth MCIEEM, Head of Ecology, WSP
- Caroline Chapman FCIEEM, Director, DTA Ecology
- Jane Davidson, Pro vice-chancellor emeritus, University of Wales Trinity Saint David and CIEEM Patron
- Alastair Driver FCIEEM, Director, Rewilding Britain
- Sally Hayns CEcol FCIEEM, Chief executive, CIEEM
- Tony Juniper, Chair, Natural England and CIEEM Patron
- Kirsty Kirkham MCIEEM, Director, BSG Ecology
- Steve Ormerod CEcol FCIEEM, Professor of Ecology, Cardiff University
- Joshua Styles MCIEEM, Principal ecologist & botanical specialist, Atkins and North West Rare Plants Initiative
- Morgan Taylor CEnv MCIEEM, Director, Greengage Environmental Ltd
- Paul Watts CEcol MCIEEM, Associate Director, Atkins Consultants
- Stephanie Wray CEcol CEnv FCIEEM, Group board director and chief sustainability officer, RSK Group
Sally Hayns, CIEEM CEO, listed in 2022 and 2023, said:
I am honoured to be included on the list again, and so proud that CIEEM’s leadership of the profession is being recognised, although it really is a team effort including all our staff and members.