One of our main activities at CIEEM is to be an influential voice for the sector by advising governments on policy and practice in relation to management of the natural environment. To do this we draw on the expertise and evidence provided by you, our members, at the forefront of the climate emergency and biodiversity crisis.
The infographics below provide just a snapshot of the ways in which we influenced nature conservation legislation, policy and practice in 2020 and we have carried this momentum into 2021!
We are now recruiting more experts to our Country Policy Groups to help us to raise our voice and shape policy even more. To ensure we are incorporating views from a broad range of experiences, we are particularly keen to hear from members:
- Based in Northern Ireland
- Based in England and working in Local Authorities, academia and the marine environment
- Based in Scotland and working for public bodies
- Based in Wales and working in NGOs or academia
As a Country Policy Group member, we ask that you:
- Review and comment on consultation responses that are relevant to your expertise.
- Keep an eye out for opportunities for policy engagement.
- Input into the development and production of Country Policy Group projects. These include, but are not limited to, advice notes, briefings, position statements and events.
- Where possible, help with gathering contacts and setting up meetings to communicate our policy positions and build relationships.
Applications are open to CIEEM members at all grades. If you’re interested in joining us, please send a biography setting out your policy experience and interests to email@example.com by the end of the day on Friday 23 July 2021. Please also get in touch if you have any questions. Places are limited so all applications will be reviewed by existing Policy Group members. For more information on our policy work, please visit our Influencing Policy web pages.