The Scottish Land Commission (SLC) was established under the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2016 and became fully operational on 1 April 2017. The Commission seeks to create a Scotland where everybody benefits from the ownership, management and the use of the nation’s land and buildings.
We were delighted to be joined by Kathie Pollard and Gemma Campbell of the Scottish Land Commission, who introduced the Commission and their work on:
- Vacant and derelict land;
- Land use decision-making and good practice with the Land Rights and Responsibilities Statement at its core.
The webinar highlighted the importance of:
- Bringing vacant and derelict land back into use to meet social and economic needs.
- Promoting a fair and reasonable approach to land ownership, use and management.
- Promoting and sharing good practice in land rights and responsibilities.