If you want to learn more about the environment, are interested in ecology, passionate about nature, enjoy working outdoors and want to contribute to conserving the natural environment – a degree in ecology or environmental management could be the next step for you.
There are a range of ecology and environmental management related undergraduate degree programmes available in the UK and Ireland, so there are plenty of courses to choose from.
Studying an ecology or environmental management degree will allow you to:
- Understand how to manage the natural environment
- Understand how ecosystems work
- Learn about species diversity
- Understand how human activities are altering ecological systems
- Understand how natural changes in the environment (such as climate change, flooding, erosion etc.) affect species and habitats
- Learn plant and animal identification skills and ecological survey techniques
- Specialise in terrestrial or aquatic ecology
For further information on finding the right undergraduate course for you, please take a look at our Finding the Right Course – Undergraduate Study document.
There are over 200 postgraduate ecology and environmental management related postgraduate degree programmes available for study in the UK and Ireland.
Benefits of studying a postgraduate degree include:
- Gaining additional skills
- Studying a topic that interests you in greater detail
- Specialising in a particular area
- Enhancing your employability
For further information on finding the right postgraduate course for you, please take a look at our Finding the Right Course – Postgraduate Study document.