Summary of CIEEM’s key comments:
- NPWS Commitment to have a proactive willingness to provide transparent, clear and
consistent advice to users of the NPWS services.
- NPWS taking a proactive approach to providing guidance, highlighting best practice, and taking
positions on the ever-changing ecological landscape.
- Inclusion of Nature Restoration activities in the Core Goals of the NPWS.
- Review of the NPWS policy on data sharing.
- Time scale and commitment given to the creation of Management plans and site-specific
conservation objectives for all Natura 2000 sites by the NPWS.
- Commitment to review pNHA’s and provide statutory protection, management plans and
- NPWS are proactive in ensuring that current advice and guidance is complying with EU and
- That there is clear communication of licensing processes that is made available and easily
accessible for all.
- NPWS to provide detailed guidance to planning authorities on the matters that should be
addressed in planning applications.
- Urgent guidance is needed to develop a framework for Biodiversity Net Gain in Ireland
- That the NPWS undertakes a review of the DAU and works towards a more efficient and
- Resources committed to building awareness of wildlife crime and to prevention measures.
- The NPWS engages with addressing the capacity crisis both internally and externally, as