The All-Party Parliamentary Group for Nature (APPG for Nature) was successfully relaunched in Parliament yesterday.
Barry Gardiner MP was re-elected to Chair the group, whilst Officers include:
- Steve Double MP (Conservative)
- Caroline Lucas MP (Green)
- Kerry McCarthy MP (Labour)
- Baroness Barbara Young (Labour)
Also in attendance was Baroness Kate Parminter (LibDem).
The re-launch event included a focus on nature and mental health. We heard three superb talks:
- Naturally Healthy Lives – implications for future provision
- Becky Fisher, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust & Dom Higgins, The Wildlife Trusts
- Improving Wellbeing through Nature Connectedness
- Prof. Miles Richardson, University of Derby
- Short school breaks in nature
- Dr Birgitta Gatersleben, University of Surrey
The slides from yesterday are available on the Resources Hub.
We will also shortly open associate membership of the APPG once the group is re-registered. We will contact all APPG news subscribers (sign up if you haven’t already), and information is also available on the APPG webpage.
We are now in planning for the next APPG event. Watch this space.