September’s membership magazine published
The September edition of CIEEM’s membership magazine, In Practice, is now available in the members’ areas of the website.
This edition is on the theme of blue and green infrastructure and includes articles on:
- Integrating Green and Blue – Sue Illman
- A Decade of Green Roofs and Green Walls in London – Gary Grant and Dusty Gedge
- The ‘Cool Towns’ Project: Using Green/Blue Infrastructure to Reduce Heat Stress in Public Open Spaces – Debbie Bartlett and Snigdha Jain
- Blue Infrastructure in Green Networks: the CSGN and 10,000 Raingardens for Scotland – Emilie Wadsworth and Rachel Howlett
- Green Infrastructure: A Biodiversity or Public Benefit Agenda? – Marc Jackson
- Leaves on the Line Please: Using Green Infrastructure to Unlock the Potential of Linear Assets – Joe Wheelwright and Louise Walker
- Parish Green Infrastructure Strategies – Jenni Reid, Sarah Jones-Morris and Laura Snell
- Mammal Underpasses: Balancing Cost Effectiveness and Design – Wendy Bateman and Iona Pearson
- The SBIF Review… Designing the Blueprint for a New Type of Green Infrastructure? – Claire Lacey
We also have articles and updates on:
- Proposed Method for Testing and Accreditation of Great Crested Newt Detection Dogs – Kat Stanhope and Victoria Sloan
- Six Top Tips for Recording Your CPD – Bethany Lovell and Lindsay Stronge
- Competency Framework Changes
- International Focus on the IUCN Red Lists
- Apprenticeships are Go!
- Who Runs CIEEM?
- New Tools to Help You Build Your Career
- Call for Trainers – Coming Soon!
- CIEEM Awards 2019: Another Inspirational Year
- CIEEM Medallist Des Thompson enthuses at the Awards Ceremony
- Membership Update
- Policy Activities Update
- Investing in the Future: Announcing a New Bursary Scheme for Early Career Members
- Student Hub: CV and Interview Tips
- Accredited ECoW – Phase Two Launched!
Non-members can subscribe to In Practice.