New Cabinet for Republic of Ireland
The new Cabinet for the Republic of Ireland has been announced, with eight representatives from Fianna Fáil (FF), seven from Fine Gael (FG) and four from the Green Party (GP).
Appointments relevant to ecology and environmental management include:
- Darragh O’Brien (FF): Minister for Housing, Local Government and Heritage.
- Barry Cowen (FF): Minister for Agriculture and the Marine.
- Eamon Ryan (GP): Minister for Climate Action, Communication Networks and Transport.
- Heather Humphreys (FG): Minister for Social Protection, Community & Rural Development and the Islands.
- Malcolm Noonan (GP): Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage with responsibility for Heritage and Electoral Reform (including National Parks and Wildlife Service).
- Hildegarde Naughton (FG): Minister of State at the Department of Climate Action attending Cabinet.
- Pippa Hackett (GP): Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture attending Cabinet.
- Martin Heydon (FG): Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine with responsibility for Research & Development/ Farm Safety/ New Market Development.
- Peter Burke (FG): Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government with responsibility for Local Government and Planning.