Natural England has set out its 5-year aims to ‘Build Partnerships for Nature’s Recovery’ in a new strategic document.
From 2020-2025, Natural England will set out to achieve:
- a well managed Nature Recovery Network across land, water and sea which creates and protects resilient ecosystems rich in wildlife and natural beauty, enjoyed by people and widely benefiting society
- people connected to the natural environment for their own and society’s wellbeing, enjoyment and prosperity Building Partnerships for Nature’s Recovery
- Nature-based solutions contributing fully to tackling the climate change challenge and wider environmental hazards and threats
- improvements in the natural capital that drives sustainable economic growth, healthy food systems and prospering communities
- evidence and expertise being used by a broad range of partnerships, organisations and communities to achieve Nature recovery and enable effective regulation and accreditation
- being a values-led organisation which delivers excellent service standards to all partners, organisations and communities engaged in achieving Nature’s recovery
These aims will be delivered through their key programmes: Resilient Landscapes and Seas, Sustainable Development, Greener Farming and Fisheries, and Connecting People with Nature. The strategic document also commits Natural England to working with a wide range of people and organisations to take the action needed to rebuild a sustainable environment.