Are you looking for a new role within the Ecology sector? Do you have the drive and ambition to work on a variety of exciting projects? If so, Eight Versa is looking for you!
Eight Versa has a unique opportunity for an Ecologist to work amongst a friendly, passionate team with progressive clients across a range of projects throughout the UK.
You will be an integral team player with an innovative approach to working, undertaking a range of responsibilities from technical protected species surveys, preparation of planning documents, project management etc.
As part of our growing team, you will have the chance to manage a portfolio of projects across a range of developments and grow professional connections with clients.
We will enable you to gain and develop your consultancy skills, both technical and transferable, offering on the job training and experience in working within a multi-disciplinary company who supports and encourages career growth.
We understand that everyone has followed their own path into the ecology sector. At Eight Versa, we welcome applicants who have the following skills and experience:
- Proven ecological consultancy experience
- Member, or working towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- Holder, or working towards gaining the protected species licence
- Practical experience in carrying out protected species surveys within the UK
- Understanding of ecological reports for planning
- A good understanding of UK and EU legislation, planning policy and best practice
- Excellent project management skills
- Innovative and solution-based approach to surveys and design advice
- An excellent communicator within the team and clients
- Understanding and application of Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM 2018 ecology reports
What we offer:
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + performance-based bonus
- Holidays: We want you to relax, you’ll have 24 days off (20 holidays plus an extra day off to enjoy your birthday as well as three additional days off at Christmas) plus bank holidays, throughout the year. Time off entitlement will increase to 29 days pa after 2 years’ service (25 holidays plus an extra day off to enjoy your birthday as well as three additional days off at Christmas) plus bank holiday.
- Hybrid Working: We give you genuine flexibility between working at our office in Southwark and working from home
- Learning and Development: We care about your professional growth, and we want to empower you to thrive in your role and prepare you for future opportunities hence we have a dedicated budget for training, learning and development programs
- Feedback: Our team are at the heart of everything we do; here we don’t leave things unsaid, we encourage honest feedback.
- A Challenge: Fast paced but not fraught. We want you to show initiative, find ways to improve and challenge yourself.
- Perks: We provide a range of benefits from gym membership to fully stocked kitchen and bar, table tennis, roof terrace, etc. We celebrate achievements and organise epic socials. Your success won’t go unnoticed. We’ve got you covered!
How to apply:
If you are an experienced Ecologist with the drive and ambition to work on a variety of exciting projects and would like to know more about joining our team, please send us an email at email@example.com