RammSanderson Ecology Ltd. are seeking an experienced ecologist to take on technical leadership for ornithology across our national portfolio of projects and help drive our business forward in its next exciting phase of growth. As a Senior or Principal Ecologist at RammSanderson, you can expect to get involved with management and delivery of all elements of field surveys, assessment, business development and report writing and project management.
We have a team of over 30 ecologists (of a total of over 50 staff) working nationally and in Ireland. Our projects are varied from smaller housing schemes and retail developments involving significant Biodiversity Net Gain assessments, through to nationally important road and rail schemes, garden villages and quarries. Our team and our clients will benefit from your technical leadership and vision to help their development and continued improvement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of ornithology, ideally from a consultancy background.
- Barn owl survey license
- Full membership of CIEEM
- Experience in producing and reviewing technical reports, providing support and clear constructive feedback, promoting professional development of the team
- Project management experience, ensuring projects are delivered within time and budget requirements.
- Knowledge of relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental Legislation and national and local planning policies and processes
- Work closely with the Ecology Lead and develop our technical capabilities with regards to all elements of bird surveying, assessment and mitigation.
- Be determined, ambitious and enthusiastic and primarily have values aligned to the core values of RammSanderson.
- Provide sound and relevant technical advice to our ecologists, habitat management and arboricutural teams, as well as our clients.
- Communicate effectively and provide high quality, expert advice to clients and stakeholders and environmental regulators.
- Support the team’s professional development working closely with the other Seniors and Principals, Ecology Lead and Operations Director.
What we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme: This provides a 24/7 confidential service giving access to counselling sessions for yourself and your household, as well as access to a Digital Wellbeing Portal, Digital Gym, a rewards site and many other benefits, all provided by Spectrum Life
- Group Life Assurance – financial provision for your nominated person in the event of your death whilst employed by RammSanderson. Amount is a multiple of your salary dependent upon grade.
- Time off in lieu (TOIL) banking & overtime system, so that you’re paid for every hour you work and can benefit from this from earning extra time off, and/or overtime pay.
- A series of selectable benefits for you to nominate (or not) for the financial year ahead. This will include such things as Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, discounted gym memberships, buying & selling annual leave entitlement amongst a range of others.
- A great team spirit and culture. We have a good mix of “family feel” in terms of the way we look after people, and our reaction times with regard to decision making (no red tape!) etc but with a much larger company attitude to H&S, competency, customer service and training.
- Annual training budget for externally led CPD courses; plus regular internal training seminars and CPD programme which you could help shape.
- Huge variety of project types and scale, sectors of work and clients.
- Hire cars and a fleet of company vehicles available for use as required.
- Mileage paid on any personal car mileage, plus all expenses covered in line with our expenses policy.
- We are open to Flexible working arrangements on location, when your working hours would be and how many days per week you would work.
- Finders fees payable on successful recruitment of other candidates in your network