Urban Green is looking for a highly motivated Senior/Principal Ecologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience to join our team.
You will be responsible for leading, managing and delivering ecology projects across a range of challenging and exciting schemes. A technical focus is required, with excellent delivery experience and strong project management and communication skills.
An inspiring approach and the ability to lead and manage staff is required for this role. You will be a key contributor in developing and supporting the growth of the team to achieve Business Plan targets.
- Leading a portfolio of interesting and complex ecological projects from initial client liaison through to completion
- Mentoring and managing enthusiastic Ecologists by adopting a creative and an inspiring approach
- Contributing to business development activities including client relationships and writing fee proposals to expand our current portfolio
- Maintaining quality and health and safety standards
- Demonstrating efficient and profitable delivery
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Ecologist
- Full member of CIEEM
- Excellent knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy
- Working knowledge of EIA and the planning process
- Experience of writing technical reports, the delivery of EPSM licence documents and EcIA
- Excellent project management skills including financial control of projects, strong client liaison abilities and coordinating a team effort
- Strong technical skills in one or more specialist areas
- Initiative and drive, with a positive attitude and a desire to help grow a successful consultancy
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work at all levels with colleagues and clients that fully support the company values
- A valid UK driving licence is essential for this role, as is the flexibility to work outside normal office hours and away from home as necessary
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- Named ecologist on EPSM and badger licences – Bats / Great Crested Newts
- Natural England Class 1 or 2 Bat Licence
- Proved experience of Habitat Regulations Assessments
- GIS proficiency
- Staff mentoring experience
Urban Green offers a competitive rewards and benefits package, access to a range of individual and professional development opportunities and the guarantee of an engaging and supportive working environment
How to Apply
If this is you, then please send a cover letter and CV/portfolio for the attention of the Office Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.