Bowland Ecology is seeking to employ a Senior/Principal Ecologist in the North West of England. The company was established in 2004 and provides specialist ecological consultancy services across both the private and public sectors. We employ approximately 15 in house ecologists with a range of specialisms supported by long standing associates. Our projects portfolio is wide ranging in terms of both project type and location. Projects range from small planning applications through to national infrastructure projects, we also carry out research based commissions and public sector projects. Further information is available on our website www.bowlandecology.co.uk.
Prospective candidates will be expected to have
- a degree in a relevant discipline;
- 5 years+ experience as an Ecologist, with appropriate technical and project management experience;
- a good understanding of the role of consultants within the commercial sector;
- Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species survey capability and preferably a survey licence for one or more protected species;
- experience of designing and implementing ecological mitigation schemes;
- experience in writing technical reports;
- capability and experience of producing and implementing protected species development licence applications;
- a comprehensive understanding of the UK regulatory system in respect of wildlife;
- the ability to work at a high level in terms of technical expertise, project management and delivery of work to deadlines;
- experience of EIA and capability and experience of designing and implementing large scale ecological mitigation schemes.
We are therefore seeking to attract an initiative lead and enthusiastic individual. The post will ideally suit an ecologist who wishes to remain ‘hands on’ with their field skills but also progress their career in terms of line management, project management and business development.
Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience. Other non-statutory benefits include but are not limited to: flexible working, an additional day of annual leave per year of service (to a maximum annual leave of 30 days) + all paid bank holidays.
We actively support and promote the technical and personal development of our staff and operate a flexible working culture. In addition, we believe that our mix of varied and interesting project work coupled with a supportive team provides a rewarding working environment.
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) must be received by Friday 31st of January and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.