Harmil Environmental Limited is a multi-disciplinary consultancy that is progressing within a variety of sectors. Harmil Environmental’s head office is located in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, with other officers established across the United Kingdom. We are an expanding company whose ethos is to retain the working environment of a small friendly consultancy.
The successful candidate will work within the ecology branch, also trading as Elite Ecology, in our Aylesbury office, located at Long Crendon. The company is approaching its fifth survey season and have a good track record in delivering on projects for a wide variety of clientele.
Our main focus is to efficiently complete projects for our clients, whilst ensuring the protection and enhancement of the natural world during the planning process and within private projects.
Our vision is to offer as many services as possible to a wide variety of clientele nationwide, once again during the planning process and within private projects. We aim to continually expand, with a variety of new and exciting career opportunities likely to arise in the future.
An opportunity has arisen to work as a senior or principal ecologist for this established and successful environmental consultancy that has obtained a great reputation. The role will see the successful candidate will lead a team to work on a variety of different projects that will test their skill sets and subject knowledge. Our wide range of clientele offers continual fresh projects that provides exciting opportunities. The successful candidate will lead a small team of assistant and seasonal ecologists for the projects within the geographical area. A job with Harmil Environmental Ltd will offer continual progression, both in terms of the role at the company and through continued professional development. The option for continued career promotion is possible, with the successful candidate growing with the company.
The office in which the successful candidate will be located is in Long Crendon, near Aylesbury, Buckinghmshire. This office has excellent road links to enable the team to commute across the southern portion of the United Kingdom. It has seen continual growth and due to growing demand we are looking to develop our team .
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary that offers a flexible working policy, holiday pay and pension scheme.
The ideal candidate will typically need to fulfil the following criteria.
- A full UK Driving Licence
- Phase 1 and protected species survey experience
- Experience in writing reports to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Protected species survey licences for England (and hopefully Wales)
- A minimum of a BSc degree in ecology, conservation, natural sciences or a relevant subject at 2:1 or higher.
- The ability to work in a team and on their own
- Knowledge of solving ecological constraints
- A knowledge of the relevant legislation and policies
- Project management experience
- Be a member of CIEEM or a relevant professional body of at least Associate level (or equivalent)
- Good client liaison skills
- Development licences for England and Wales
- Ability to work unsociable hours without constraint
- Botanical ID skills
- Experience in mentoring and developing younger or more inexperienced members of staff
- Experience of Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW)
- Experience of working with GIS Software
- First Aid trained
- Any other relevant qualifications (e.g. CSCS, CSJK etc.)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role and why you feel you are the right candidate to email@example.com.