GE have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ecologist to join our fast-growing team based on the outskirts of Exeter.
GE Consulting is a mid-sized, privately owned environmental consultancy with an excellent reputation based near Exeter, working for a wide variety of clients across the south of England and into Wales. GE are big enough to work on major projects (1000+ unit residential schemes, 1000 acre renewables sites, major minerals applications and national utilities contract) yet small enough to feel like you’re part of a close knit team and not a small cog in a huge international organization. We are a company that puts it’s staff first, creating a fun non-corporate atmosphere where a team ethos thrives off the back of flexibility, trust and a great working environment.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years in ecological consultancy
- A degree in an ecology related subject
- A member of CIEEM
- Reliable with strong time management
- Strong report writing skills with experience of producing various types of reports
- Project management experience
- Strong knowledge of the planning system
- A client-focused approach where the commercial element of each project can be understood and appreciated
- Full driving license & car
Desirable skills and experience
- Experienced using the BNG Metric
- Line management experience
- Experience of habitat creation / management
- QGIS skills
- EPS survey licences
- Named holder of EPS mitigation licences
- HRA knowledge
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Fun and friendly non-corporate working environment
- Profit share bonus scheme
- Strong commitment to CPD
- Pension scheme
- Birthday holiday
- Day a year to volunteer for your chosen charity
- Professional membership costs
- On office in Dartmoor National Park!
GE are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. Full equality & diversity policy available on request.
Apply to email@example.com