Are you an ecological consultant working at senior or principal level with prior experience in commercial consultancy? Are you looking for a role which will utilise your skills and experience, but enables you to work flexibly, part-time, or remotely? If you are commercially aware, self-motivated, organised, with excellent client communication and project management skills, come and join our growing team!
We are looking for technically-minded Senior or Principal Ecological Consultants to join our rapidly expanding teams, enhancing our offering to clients and building on our success. Key responsibilities include preparation and review of technical reports, quotes and tenders, contributing to project management and supporting or managing junior members of the team (dependent on number of working hours). We are flexible regarding the number of days and hours worked per week, and we can adapt the roles accordingly for successful candidates. Tell us what your ideal working arrangement looks like and we’ll do our best to accommodate this.
We have multiple positions available due to a period of sustained business growth and we are welcoming applications from applicants seeking part-time, flexible roles, as well as remote working.
Suitable candidates will have commercial project management skills, have an approachable and adaptable leadership style, as well being technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques. Outputs are expected to be high quality, on time and within budget. As with all consultancy work, you will need to be a professional with the ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive client relationships.
You may already be working at senior or principal level and looking for a fresh approach to ecological consultancy, with plenty of scope for development and progression, or be ready to take the step up from consultant ecologist to senior. At principal level, you’ll be confident in undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate and concise reports. At senior level, you will be a competent project manager, able to lend your expertise to support the management of mid to large scale projects from inception to completion, with some experience of winning work and developing your commercial skillset.
Successful candidates must
- have relevant and proven experience in a similar role, within a commercial ecological consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or related subject
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- be commercially aware, self-motivated, organised, with excellent client communication
- be experienced in advising clients and having managed large-scale, complex projects
- be financially adept with the ability to manage budgets
- have advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas as well as holding a protected species licence(s)
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports, for example EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office-based staff
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
Ideally you will also
- have a proven work winning track record, experience of preparing bids and tenders and generating new business opportunities.
- full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held).
These are permanent positions based either remotely or at one of our offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds or Manchester.