We are a dynamic and growing business based in the North West of England but rapidly developing a portfolio of projects across the country and particularly in the south / south east.
Offering a suite of services across the landscape, arboricultural and ecology disciplines, we truly offer a joined-up thinking approach to projects, driven by our passion for sustainable environmental management and customer care.
We have ambitious expansion plans over the next few years, which will create some fantastic opportunities for the right people with the right skills, aptitude and attitude at all levels within the business.
If you’d like to become a valued member of our team, with a forward-thinking business, then please do read on.
In preparation for an ever-increasing workload ahead, we are looking for a Senior / Principal Ecologist to join us on our journey of excellence. The role will involve taking a lead on projects as a key person of influence, not just with the business but with external stakeholders as well. Our projects range from small domestic schemes to large-scale residential and commercial developments across the country, working alongside the arboricultural and landscape design teams supporting a range of clients. You will be responsible for undertaking and co-ordinating surveys, leading teams of surveyors, analysing & processing relevant data and producing reports to the highest quality. Being a leader, you will also be responsible for mentoring and developing less experienced team members and providing management reports to the leadership team. You will be commercially aware and expected to create long-lasting and close working positive relationships with clients as well as team members and to become established as a skilled problem solver. You will also have significant experience with the preparation & submission of EPSM Licence applications and have the experience, professionalism and tenacity to see projects through from concept to completion. Remote and flexible working in line with all that comes with being a professional ecologist to satisfy project requirements is an important aspect of the role.
- Degree and / or post-graduate degree in a relevant subject;
- Full CIEEM membership;
- Minimum Class 1 bat licence (Class 2 preferred);
- GCN licence;
- Minimum 5 years commercial consultancy experience with proven success on project delivery;
- Experience of preparation and winning bids / tenders;
- Ability to run multiple projects concurrently and to respond to client requests positively and promptly;
- Commercial awareness and empathic approach to client projects;
- Detailed working knowledge of the UK planning system and current legislation as it applies to ecology;
- A solution-oriented approach to projects;
- Excellent organisational, time management and report writing skills;
- Experience of giving evidence at planning hearings & inquiries;
- A desire to succeed in projects and in support of the aims & objectives of the business;
- Ability to thrive under pressure during busy spells;
- An attention to detail and a desire to continually improve;
- Eligibility to work in the UK with a full valid driving licence and use of own transport for work.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, business related expenses, opportunities for growth and promotion, plus a benefits scheme that will grow with the business.
If you have the skills and motivation and are interested in this role, please respond to this advert including your up to date CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating how you could add value to our team.