Senior or Principal Ecologist
Imagine going to work knowing you can make a difference. By joining Arcus, an ERM Group company, you will be part of a leading environmental, planning and engineering consultancy, working on some of the most significant renewable energy schemes in the UK, Europe and Africa.
Arcus has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior or Principal Ecologist with extensive consultancy experience, particularly within the renewable energy sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing projects, as well as team workload and resources.
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage ecology surveys;
- Project Management of large scale, high profile projects;
- Writing and review of technical reports and other deliverables, including EIA and HRA;
- Line management and mentoring of staff and management of field-based subcontractors; and
- Provision of technical advice to clients on development and construction projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology & Environmental Management;
- Experience in the onshore or offshore wind sector is desirable;
- An established track-record in EcIA, HRA and technical report writing;
- Experience in stakeholder consultation and client engagement;
- A broad and well round understanding of Scottish ecology, however additional expertise in habitats and botany or fisheries ecology is an advantage.
For further information on this and any other vacancies at Arcus please visit our website at https://arcusconsulting.co.uk/. To apply for this role please send your CV along with covering letter to email@example.com.
We are also recruiting seasonal ecologist across Scotland and England, applications can be sent to email address above.