Senior or Principal Ecological Consultant(s) – multiple vacancies
Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds or Manchester
Full time, permanent
Are you an ecological consultant working at senior or principal level with prior experience in commercial consultancy? If you are commercially aware, self-motivated, organised, with excellent client communication and project management skills, come and join our growing team!
We are looking for commercially minded Senior or Principal Ecological Consultants to join our rapidly expanding teams, enhancing our offering to clients and building on our success. We have multiple positions available due to a period of sustained business growth.
Suitable candidates will have strong commercial project management skills, have an approachable and adaptable leadership style, as well being technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques. Outputs are expected to be high quality, on time and within budget. As with all consultancy work, you will need to be a professional with the ability to communicate effectively and to maintain positive client relationships.
You may already be working at senior or principal level and looking for a fresh approach to ecological consultancy, with scope for development and progression, or be ready to take the step up from consultant ecologist to senior. At principal level, you’ll be confident in undertaking business development, preparing quotes and tenders, and building client relationships. You will be a technical expert and capable of writing accurate, concise reports. At senior level, you will be a competent project manager, leading mid to large scale projects from inception to completion, with some experience of winning work and developing your commercial skillset.
You’ll be joining a company which is ambitious, progressive, rapidly growing and offers certainty in times of change. Our workplace is happy and friendly, guided by our values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. As an Employee Owned Trust (EOT) our collective efforts generate results that translate into greater rewards for everyone. You’ll enjoy all the benefits we have to offer, including EOT approved bonuses (after 1 year of service), fantastic on-the-job training with the opportunity to contribute to and lead on high-profile, once in a life-time projects, 25 days annual leave, discounted gym membership, free parking (location dependent) and regular social events.
Successful candidates must
- have relevant and proven experience in a similar role, within a commercial ecological consultancy
- have a degree or postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an ecological or related subject
- be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques
- have advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas as well as holding a protected species licence(s)
- be organised with experience of managing projects
- have experience of leading and motivating a team of both site and office-based staff
- be financially adept with the ability to manage budgets
- have excellent written communication skills and be able to produce meticulous and accurate technical reports, for example EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments
- have a full UK driving licence and use of a car
- have a positive outlook and a strong desire to succeed.
Ideally you will also
- have a proven work winning track record, experience of preparing bids and tenders and generating new business opportunities.
- full membership of CIEEM (or to have eligibility if not currently held)
These are permanent positions based at one of our offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds or Manchester. The successful candidates will live within commuting distance of these offices or be prepared to relocate. An element of remote working will be considered.