Are you bored in your current role? Do you want the new year to bring you a new challenge? Perhaps you’re feeling uncertain about the security of your role because of recent events? Or do you want to be more than a small cog in a large machine?
If this is you, then please read on!
We are APEM, a leading global environmental consultancy, specialising in terrestrial, freshwater and marine ecology, and aerial surveys. In September 2020 we opened a new office in Cork to support our clients within the environmental, water, energy, and infrastructure markets.
Our continued growth, from a small aquatic consultancy 35 years ago, to a leading global environmental consultancy hasn’t been dampened by the pandemic in 2020, and we have continued to grow and expand with further ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond.
This is where you fit in.
We are welcoming applications for several positions to help support a developing team, fulfil framework projects and actively growing our Irish based client list.
Our current main areas of focus are the freshwater and terrestrial environments onshore, with a focus on work driven by the Water Framework Directive and the Habitats Directive, as well as the marine environment offshore, especially the development of offshore wind renewable energy.
As a Senior Field Scientist – Marine Ecology, you will be a member of a body, such as CIEEM, CIWEM etc and considering achieving chartered status. You will be energetic and enthusiastic, happy to spend time on the road and in the field/at sea, in all the weather conditions Ireland has to offer. You will be an accomplished, practically minded field scientist with a can-do attitude, and undertake a range of survey work. You will be experienced/certified in a range of field survey techniques and preferably hold survey licences or know and understand the process necessary to obtain.
- Preferably a Master’s Degree, minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree, in an environmental or ecological subject
- Clean, full driving licence
- Willing and able to spend time away from home (travel to and from sites with overnight stays COVID permitting)
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Field survey and sampling skills
- Field identification skills for at least one of marine/terrestrial birds or mammals, plants (terrestrial or aquatic), invertebrates (terrestrial or aquatic) or marine/freshwater fish
If this sounds like you then please apply by clicking on the Apply Now button.