Due to the ongoing success and expansion of the business, Aspect Ecology has an excellent opportunity for a talented senior-level ecologist to develop their career in ecological consultancy, by joining our industry leading team of specialists and working on an exciting range of challenging and interesting projects.
About Aspect Ecology
At Aspect Ecology, we specialise in providing ecological consultancy services to a well-established base of high profile clients in both the public and private sectors. Our Oxfordshire based team has a wealth of experience and expertise advising on an extensive range of projects nationwide with a focus on integrating ecological habitats and wildlife benefits within new developments. We are a professional and friendly team of enthusiastic ecologists who thrive on innovation and delivering a high quality output to our clients – see our website for more www.aspect-ecology.com and follow us on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/company/aspect-ecology-ltd-/.
About the Role
As a Senior / Principal Ecologist, working within the ecology team, you will be organising, overseeing and undertaking a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal species (e.g. Phase 1, bats, Badger, GCN, reptiles, Otter, Water Vole, nesting birds, etc.) across the UK. You will also carry out background research, prepare fee proposals, manage and analyse field survey data, manage projects, liaise with clients, as well as carrying out interpretation, proofing and writing of technical reports.
As a key member of the team, the following skills and experience are considered essential to the role:
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years’ relevant professional experience in ecological consultancy or closely related field including the public sector or conservation bodies;
- A relevant degree and/or post graduate qualification, with a strong academic ability and record;
- The ability to produce concise, high quality, written reports;
- A sound background in natural history and familiarity with UK flora and fauna;
- Comprehensive experience with UK botanical and faunal identification;
- Knowledge and experience of Phase 1 habitat surveys;
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking protected species surveys, mitigation and licensing;
- A detailed understanding of UK wildlife legislation and policy;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, with effective teamwork and excellent communication skills;
- Full driving licence and own car, insured for business use.
In return, Aspect Ecology is proud to offer you a highly rewarding career in Ecology with a clear pathway for progression within the company alongside a competitive salary (commensurate with your experience), full training and a generous package of additional benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter, maximum 1 page, explaining why you feel this opportunity is right for you, to email@example.com. If your application is successful, we will contact you by email or telephone, to discuss the next steps and arrange an interview.