We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Ecologist who shares our passion for the environment and renewable energy, to join our team.
MacArthur Green aims to only work with clients to deliver a positive impact for our environment and we need the right people in our team to achieve this. We are delivering a positive impact through our three core business objectives: (1) we help projects with important environmental benefits succeed; (2) we support ecological research projects important to sustainable development, and (3) we work hard to operate a carbon negative business.
In terms of what we do here at MacArthur Green, we specialise in ecology, ornithology, hydrology, and peat services, primarily focussing on supporting renewable energy, natural capital, and grid networks. We work for some of the most successful renewable developers operating in the UK, such as Vattenfall, ScottishPower Renewables, Scottish and Southern Energy Renewables, EDF, BayWa, and RES UK & Ireland, with projects onshore as well as offshore. We are also privileged to support statutory bodies such as The Crown Estate, the Scottish Government, NatureScot, Natural England and the UK Government.
If you are a Senior Ecologist and MacArthur Green sounds like somewhere you would enjoy working, read on!
The overall purpose of your role will be to collaborate with our team to successfully deliver projects that have important environmental benefits – such as renewables, natural capital, and grid projects. This will include:
- Responsibility for project management, coordination and delivery of ecology and peat projects.
- Specialist field surveys.
- Preparation and review of Ecological Assessments, Habitats Regulations Assessments, and technical reports.
- Preparing and coordinating tender submissions.
- Designing and managing the delivery of various types of ecological surveys.
- Managing Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) projects.
- Line management and leadership.
- Strong experience and understanding of the environmental planning system in relation to the production of ecological impact assessments.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the European Birds and Habitats Directives and methods for assessments with regards to European Designated sites.
- Strong ecological field survey experience.
- People management & mentoring skills.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Comprehensive experience of project management and managing a diverse workload.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports and deliver them to clients on time and to budget.
- Educated to higher degree level in ecology or related subject, or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Strong IT skill including MS Word and Excel.
- Good working relationship with regulators and statutory advisors.
Salary will be dependent on experience (salary band of £35,000 – £50,000). Other benefits include Bonus Scheme and Pension Scheme. The role will be primarily based in our office in the west end of Glasgow, right on the banks of the River Kelvin. However, we are happy to allow a flexible approach to working depending on individual needs.
Submission is by CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
NO RECRUITMENT CONSULTANTS PLEASE.
MacArthur Green is an equal opportunities employer.