Senior Ecologist, Oxford & Cambridge
This is a great opportunity to join friendly and experienced teams in Oxford or Cambridge, and one of the most successful independent ecological consultancies in the UK.
You will take responsibility for complex, high-profile and ecologically interesting projects. We will work with you to develop your skills in all aspects of ecology and consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and tailored training programme.
We are particularly looking for more experienced candidates including those with specialist interest in bats (including tree climbers), badgers, water vole, holders of mitigation licences and strong project managers. More than one position is available should the right candidates apply.
Our Oxford office is in a small business park on a diversified farm at Cassington, just north of Oxford; staff can make use of a heated swimming pool, tennis courts and an on-site café.
Our Cambridge office, located in the Grade II listed Milton Hall, looks out over six acres of gardens, and is located just off the A14 to the north of Cambridge.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer benefits that include a flexible working policy, 25 days annual leave and private healthcare amongst others.
What We Are Looking For
You will have:
- Relevant professional ecological experience (ideally including at least three years of ecological consultancy)
- A broad ecological skill-set and, ideally, one or more protected species licences
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication
- Effective project management and client liaison skills
- The ability to identify, understand, and resolve ecological issues
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc and / or MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
About BSG Ecology
Established in 1997, we are one of the largest independent ecological practices in the UK, with a permanent staff of fifty across six offices. We work with a wide range of clients and partner with leading consultancies in many other disciplines.
BSG Ecology is a multi-award winning consultancy. These prestigious awards reflect our demonstrable track record on projects that deliver on biodiversity as well as commercially, our commitment to sharing learning and good practice, the structured professional development of our staff, and our promotion of high standards in the profession.
Our vision is to be the first choice ecology consultancy and to continue to build our success on rewarding and challenging work. Our focus is on helping our clients achieve their aims, as well as securing the best outcomes for the environment.
How To Apply
Please send a CV, along with a covering letter telling us about yourself, what you feel you will bring to our team and your preferred office location, to Rowena Scott-Campbell (email@example.com) by Monday 4th October 2021.