We’re seeking a passionate and focussed individual who shares our values and purpose – to balance business with biodiversity.
As our Senior Ecologist, you will have extensive ecology consultancy experience and knowledge of current and incoming legislation, species, and habitats. However, it is the proactive attitude, client focus and creative approach that will successfully deliver this role. A track record of protected species licencing applications, including design and implementation of mitigation schemes is desirable.
Here, you’ll be part of a boutique consultancy built on passion, dedication, and integrity.
We’re a progressive and supportive team that is small enough to care yet large enough to work on nationally significant projects, supporting lasting, environmentally positive change.
Each team member can experience every aspect of consultancy work, learning from each other and our peers.
We encourage innovation and creativity and are committed to advancing your development. If you have a particular area of expertise you’d like to nurture, we’ll support you, through training, volunteering time and CPD.
For the right candidate, this is an opportunity to drive change at an exciting time in the evolution of the ecology consultancy sector.
Find out more at www.biodiverseconsulting.co.uk
- Deliver complex fee proposals, desktop surveys, preliminary assessments, protected species and habitat surveys, shadow HRA and Ecological Impact Assessment EcIA
- Method Statement production/review and EcOW
- Biodiversity Net Assessment Experience
- Report, production and technical review
- Protected Species Licence Applications and implementation
- Efficient and professional client relationship management
- Train, mentor, and support colleagues
- Co-ordination of collaborators & sub-contractors
- Ecology service design input
The successful candidate will have –
- four years working in ecology consultancy
- Detailed understanding and application of EcIA
- Detailed understanding of designated sites, citations and assessment of development impacts
- Understanding of HRA process
- Knowledge of Planning Regime
- Detailed knowledge and application of current and incoming environmental legislation
- Knowledge of Environmental Net Gain & Natural Capital Assessment desirable
- of BSc relevant degree
- of 1 Protected Species Licence at Class 2 level or progressing towards
- CIEEM membership (min Associate.)
What we offer
Visit Join Us for details of our benefits package and application details alongside other vacancies.
Adaptiveness, Collaboration, Creativity, Integrity and Passion. More here