We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, through our work, we hope to make a positive difference on the environment and the communities where we operate, and to shape a better world.
This is an opportunity for a passionate and innovative senior ecological consultant, who has a broad skill set, to join our existing team in London. We are open to this role being based in one of our other UK offices and we will consider full time and part time applications.
We have a secured workload of projects across London, the UK and internationally, including some of the biggest infrastructure schemes in the region and the country including water, energy, transport, residential and mixed-use development schemes. You will benefit from working on a diverse array of projects of various scales and will be supported by a strong team structure and management. You will also be encouraged to explore the potential for various new ecological income streams and new clients, so there’s excellent scope for business and personal development in this role.
The team are becoming increasingly involved in nature positive proposals, including those that consider biodiversity net gain, regenerative design and land management, rewilding and the implementation of other nature-based solutions. This is in line with Arup’s strategic aims and commitments on sustainability, climate and biodiversity and we would welcome individuals who are engaged and experienced in these areas.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in a range of terrestrial ecological surveys – including habitat and protected species surveys
- Organisation and delivery of multi-species survey programmes to time and budget.
- Demonstrable skills and experience of EcIA.
- Holder of personal survey and/or development licenses (e.g. bats, great crested newts, dormice).
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Aquatic ecological skills and experience including coastal and/or marine
- Demonstrable skills and experience of BREEAM and HRA
- Participation in a relevant industry body such as CIEEM, CIRIA, BTO etc.
- GIS mapping/ CAD skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ecology or a related subject.
- Appropriate membership of CIEEM
Please apply for the role by using the apply now button.