Senior Ecologist – Manchester
Are you passionate about protected species? Are you batty about bats? Do you love getting involved with exciting project teams to help deliver high quality development projects? Mad about mentoring others? You’ll fit right in.
Working in the Ecology planning sector, this role will be able to deliver protected species surveys and assist in all survey work, from project inception and bidding stages through to the completion of planning documents, including Preliminary Ecology Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, Mitigation Strategies, Management Plans and Method Statements. We would also love for you to meet with our clients and develop strong working relationships so that you can win some of your own work.
At Tyler Grange, we take a creative approach to every challenge we face; the normal way of doing things isn’t always the best way. If you enjoy getting stuck in and immersing yourself in a fast paced and energetic environment, this job is for you.
The tasks you’ll come across will be varied to say the least… You will juggle a combination of juicy projects you can sink your teeth into and offer assistance to others in cross discipline teams and you will be adept at changing plans with the weather, but there will be quieter moments to take stock (join us in a sourdough masterclass?!) No day will be the same and we certainly offer variety,
What we’re looking for;
- Excellent academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent survey skills (extended Phase I, protected species surveys (at least one licence or specialism) and/or botanical skills)
- Excellent understanding of legislative and planning policy framework
- Experience liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs.
- First rate project management skills
- Track record of business development and winning own work
- Experience of mentoring team members
- Enthusiastic team players and proven ecologists that live our values
- A commitment to the pursuit of excellence;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A full UK driving licence
The icing on the cake for us would be;
- Being a CIEEM member
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
Please apply with a CV and covering letter stating why you think you are right for this role by emailing email@example.com