Greenspace Ecological Solutions (GES) is an award winning independent ecological consultancy committed to delivering the highest possible standards of service and providing outcome focused advice across a range of disciplines. Established in 2011, GES provide a wide range of services across various sectors, with a portfolio that includes town expansions, housing and commercial developments, education, health care, recreation, restoration and utilities projects.
GES Company Ethos encourages knowledge sharing and collaboration. The company has been built on developing a strong team where people feel valued and supported. Great customer care and a high level of industry knowledge is vital.
- Salary £30,000 – 35,000
- Bonus Scheme
- 22 to 25 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme (choice of two options)
- Generous Training Allowance
- TOIL Scheme
The successful candidate must;
- Have in-depth understanding of ecological services and surveying and the UK planning system;
- Have a pro-active approach to learning and knowledge sharing;
- Work closely with team members to ensure they feel valued and report any issues/concerns to Team Leaders or Directors;
- Assist Team Leaders and Directors in identifying areas of professional development for team members and encourage and support these;
- Contribute towards discussion and debate in an innovative and proactive manor;
The successful candidate would;
- Undertake, manage and co-ordinate habitat and protective species surveys, ecological mitigation strategies and general client advise across a broad range of sectors.
- Project management and delivery, ensuring projects and services are delivered to a high standard in a timely and cost-effective manner, managing deadlines and project delivery;
- The management, production and editing of technical reports including; Management Plans, European Protected Species licenses and chapters of BREEAM, HRA’s and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA, EcIA);
- Assist the company growth, produce tenders and liaise with both current and new clients, regulators, third parties and team members providing ecological advice and sharing your skills.
- Assist with management of staff, meet deadlines and assess project budgets, at times conduct training sessions both in-house and externally;
- Enjoy that all important balance between field and office work, whilst working on a variety of projects across a range of sectors.
- Coordinating and undertaking a range of ecological services, survey work, Ecological Clerk of Works as and when necessary;
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.