We have numerous exciting Senior Ecological Consultant positions based in all our UK offices including Guildford, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester, and Leeds.
As a Senior Ecological Consultant, you will contribute to your team’s financial performance by completing tenders, managing projects in an efficient manner and building relationships with clients or potential clients. You will also contribute to the company’s vision and values by completing tasks set by your team lead and others to a high standard and within designated timeframes.
Some of the duties include:
- Assist the line manager in various tasks, including the supervision, support and leadership of Ecological Consultants and Assistant Ecologists.
- Project manage large and complex projects.
- Undertake technically complex project work, including EPSL applications, EcIA chapters and habitat regulation assessments.
- Produce high quality deliverables for clients, within allocated time and budget constraints.
- Develop and maintain good client relationships.
- Documenting relevant experience and using it to work towards protected species licenses.
- Taking responsibility of the standard of survey work by leading the field team.
- Follow correct channels of communication by including project managers and team leads in
all relevant communication
- have membership to the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
To be considered you will be an experienced Ecologist with an ecological or related subject degree. You will be technically competent, with an in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation and survey techniques with advanced field skills in one or more specialist areas as well as holding protected species licences. You will also hold a driving licence.
We promote a happy, friendly workplace and are guided by the company’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Support and Excellence. We excel at providing our people with amazing career progression and offer an extensive range of company benefits which include: 25 days annual leave, healthcare cash plan, enhanced stakeholder pension scheme, life insurance, discounted gym membership, paid professional memberships, clothing allowance, outstanding performance rewards, free parking and regular local and company social events!
One of the major advantages to working at Thomson is that our people are at the heart of everything we do. As an Employee-Owned Trust (EOT), all Thomson employees have a stake in the business and reap the reward of its success including performance-related annual bonuses. We also pride ourselves in providing market leading internal and external training opportunities which contributes to individual tailored career pathways.