Who are Ecus?
As an SME Environmental Consultancy firm, and part of the Cura Terrae group of environmental companies, we have a national presence across Scotland, England, and Wales.. Ecus Ltd offers an environmental and sustainability consulting service where we aim to integrate what we do around the core principles of achieving a zero carbon and circular economy, the ecological imperative of biodiversity enhancement, healthy environments for people and places, and consideration of the future needs and resilience of society and infrastructure.
We have a strong focus around the natural and earth sciences and can provide a service which blends key skills in ecology, landscape, heritage, archaeology and arboriculture disciplines with environmental planning and management to reimagine projects and benefit sites.
With over 30 years of experience, our areas of expertise include:
- Environmental planning and consenting
- Carbon management
- Water consultancy
- Air quality
The role: Senior Ecological Consultant
We are looking to appoint a bright, dynamic, and passionate Senior Ecologist to join our talented team. You will be based near our Manchester office and work in a hybrid setting with field work.
In this role, you will manage and lead projects across a range of sizes and disciplines whilst also working closely with our clients. You will have extensive technical expertise in survey design and delivery and possess experience with protected species mitigation and licences (e.g. bats, Badger, GCN).
Essential Skills / Experience
The skills and experience we require will depend on the grade you are applying for, but as a minimum, we seek the following from our experienced ecologists:
An undergraduate degree and preferably a post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages;
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively and flexibly in support of changing workloads;
- Protected Species Licences e.g. NE Class 2 bat licence
- Experience of delivering EcIA and HRA
- Obtaining EPS mitigation licences
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work without supervision;
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information; and
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Senior Ecologists will be expected to bring extensive technical expertise in survey design and delivery, as well as experience of protected species mitigation and licences (e.g. GCN, bats, dormouse, barn owl). They will also manage and lead projects, and work closely with our clients across a range of project sizes.
Working for us
Our culture is driven by our strength in teamwork and professionalism. We promote integrity and treat people with respect.
Ecus is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.. We provide a supportive friendly working environment, offer competitive salaries, flexible working and we are proud to be an accredited Investors in People organisation.
We are proud of our values, diversity and inclusion, and the benefits we offer.
Benefits we offer
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Additional days holiday per year worked (up to 5 additional days) after 2 years’ service
- Company matched pension scheme
- additional health care benefits
- Flexible and agile working culture
- Career development and Progression (Professional Membership (s) paid)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 2 paid volunteer days per year