Tyler Grange (TG – www.tylergrange.co.uk) is a leading UK environmental planning consultancy specialising in Landscape, Ecology and Arboriculture. TG have experience in working to secure planning consent by way of assessment and design inputs across a wide range of sectors including residential, commercial, education, transport and energy.
With a multi-disciplinary team of over 70 professionals and offices-based country wide (Birmingham, Cotswolds, Exeter, Manchester and London), we offer bespoke services to clients across the UK. As we reach our 10-year anniversary later this year, our workload continues to expand and our team is constantly growing,
We are a Truly Great team seeking senior ecologists in our Manchester, Birmingham and London offices. This role would be perfect for someone seeking a new opportunity to belong within a caring and honest team and enjoy working within a diverse and fast paced environment.
Candidates should ideally have three at least years’ experience in ecological consultancy (less would be accepted if required skills can be demonstrated from other employment). We would expect:
- An honest and caring team player with experience of training and mentoring more junior team members
- Experience of business development, winning your own work, and encouraging the whole team to do get involved
- Project management skills with a proactive attitude to client communication.
- Excellent survey skills (extended Phase I, plus a specialism in either botany or a protected species licence) and report writing skills
- Excellent understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation.
- Experience of ecological impact assessments in relation to residential, mixed-use and renewable energy schemes.
- Experience liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs.
- A proven track record in business development and winning own work is essential, as would the ability to mentor, develop and encourage more junior team members.
- Driving Licence and access to a car.
- CIEEM Membership
- A supportive working environment with an enthusiastic, friendly and growing team
- Opportunities to work across all offices and with our landscape and arboricultural teams
- Regular team away days with guess speakers (past guests include an ex Special Forces team member, England rugby coach, and the head of creative thinking at Google!)
- Opportunities to engage with a wide range of clients through business development, making use of our very own TG brewed range of beers
- Take a community day once a month to volunteer for a cause you personally care for.
- Excellent career prospects and training
- Professional Membership paid annually
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off in addition to this
- Competitive salaries and benefits including pension contributions and a discretionary bonus.
Curriculum Vitae and covering letters should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org