Senior and Consultant Ornithologists
Glasgow and England
Imagine going to work knowing you can make a difference. By joining Arcus, an ERM Group company, you will be part of a leading environmental, planning and engineering consultancy, working on some of the most significant renewable energy schemes in the UK, Europe and Africa.
Arcus is recruiting motivated and enthusiastic Senior and Consultant Ornithologists’ to join our growing Ecology & Ornithology Team across the UK. Although site survey will be required, the roles are largely desk-based, and a successful candidate will have good consultancy background in ornithology, and be looking to develop their skills in the renewable energy sector.
- Co-ordinating and scheduling ornithology field surveys and surveyors;
- Ornithology Technical Report writing,
- Supporting senior ornithologists and other team members;
- Collecting, managing and analysing ornithology survey data; and
- Engaging with project managers, stakeholders and clients.
Skills & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in ecology/zoology or a related field, or sufficient experience and knowledge;
- Experience in carrying out/co-ordinating bird surveys and analysing data;
- A strong understanding of relevant ornithology survey guidance and legislation;
- Full driving licence; and
- GIS and Collision Risk Modelling experience and / or Schedule 1 species licence beneficial.
For further information on this and any other vacancies at Arcus please visit our website at https://arcusconsulting.co.uk/. To apply for this role please send your CV along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also recruiting seasonal ecologist across Scotland and England, applications can be sent to email address above.