Sustainable Management Scheme Project Manager – Bodorgan Estate
Your new employer: The Bodorgan Estate
Bodorgan has been the home of the Meyrick family for more than 500 years. The Bodorgan Estate today is the largest land-holding on Anglesey and includes: agricultural land; coastal land; sand dunes; a large lake and wetlands; forestry; and gardens. Much of the Estate lies in the Anglesey AONB or enjoys other environmental designation.
The SMS Project: Healing & Memory
Healing & Memory is an ambitious environmental and landscape project reaching across a significant proportion of South West Anglesey. There a number of limbs to the project including improvements to public access; habitat management and creation; peatland restoration; public engagement; and local stake-holder collaboration. Further project information can be provided on request.
Your new role
We are looking for a highly capable individual with proven experience in delivering environmental projects with a significant works element to join our small but friendly team. You will be focussed on the successful delivery of the Healing & Memory Project during its approximate 2 ½ year program. There is potential for this to evolve into a permanent role.
What you will need to succeed: relevant experience
Previous relevant environmental project management experience is essential, alongside the ability to work to a budget and achieve results.
You must have a passion for protecting and enhancing our natural environment and the ability to work with others, as this will be key to the success of the project.
What you will need to succeed: other
- Previous project management experience in the environmental sector
- Budget management skills
- The ability to deliver results on time and within budget
- A ‘can do’ approach
- A full UK driving licence
- An ability to work on your own with appropriate consideration of Health and Safety issues
- A willingness to learn new skills
- Reporting to a project board
- Managing the interests of a range of public and private stakeholders
- Working as part of a team and alongside professional advisors
- Managing a government grant fund with a rural environment application
- Relevant (environmental/natural science) academic qualifications
- Siarad Cymraeg
What you will get in return
- A role with responsibility, potential and security
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 22 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays and pension
- Accommodation if you live beyond our travel-to-work area
How to apply
Please apply by email to Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter.