Principal Ecologist -The Ecology Consultancy
Roles in Sussex, Wakefield and Lichfield
We are a dynamic and growing business seeking self-motivated, positive-minded Principal Ecologists to join our friendly teams across the UK in supporting clients over a range of different sectors in all areas of our work and managing a team of ecologists to find efficient and cost-effective solutions for a variety of projects.
Responsibilities include, managing individual contracts and project teams; supporting staff and assisting in their development; drafting high quality, high level reports and reviewing technical work and supporting clients and their design teams to find pragmatic solutions to their problems. As a growing business you would also be involved in the delivery of our business development strategy by costing and tendering for work and finding new ways for the business to diversify and thrive.
This role would provide you with an opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of interesting projects and clients and develop skills in all aspects of consultancy work. We would like to offer you the chance to help shape the future of our business as well as your own career.
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- an appropriate degree qualification;
- a minimum of 8 years’ relevant work experience;
- excellent knowledge of UK and European environmental legislation;
- excellent fieldwork and report writing skills including protected species surveys, EPSM applications, ES chapters and ecological management plans;
- ability to critically review own output and possess a minimum 5 years’ experience in reviewing others’ work;
- competence in survey and mitigation for 2 or more key protected species: bats, badgers, breeding birds, dormouse, great crested newts, reptiles, and water voles;
- an EPS and/or conservation licence for one or more of the above species groups, and preferably be a Registered consultant on the class license scheme for one or more of the above species groups:
- proven project and staff management experience;
- ability to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and be able to delegate to and provide support to junior staff as appropriate;
- experience in customer service and the ability to deliver and lead training events and workshops, to employees, clients and other stakeholders;
- full membership of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) and preferably CEcoL ;
- proven qualities of a proactive self-starter with an ability to use own initiative when appropriate;
- a full clean UK driving licence.
The Ecology Consultancy & The Temple Group
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary;
- Flexible working and TOIL (time off in lieu)
- 26 days annual leave (& bank holidays)
- Enhanced maternity pay;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers;
- Dog-friendly offices
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.