Are you looking for your next career step within the ecology field? Do you want to be at the forefront of our work in this sector, utilising your extensive knowledge and experience of ecology to provide first class advice to our clients, whilst leading our team and capabilities in this market? If so, this role will provide you with this opportunity whilst working within a market leading environmental consultancy team.
We specialise in delivering high quality terrestrial ecological services across a range of development from National Significant Infrastructure Projects through to smaller planning applications. We have successfully supported our clients in delivering sustainable projects in sectors including energy, industry, restoration projects, residential and port redevelopment.
About Our Environment Advisory Group:
Our Environment Group has been providing environmental solutions for our clients for over 30 years in the UK. We offer a comprehensive range of environmental services to support all sizes and types of development. From high profile infrastructure projects such as Dogger Bank Offshore Wind Farms and Sizewell C Nuclear Power Station, to carbon management, climate resilience, locally-driven habitat enhancement and wider biodiversity net gain projects. We combine market-leading technical excellence, across the range of environmental disciplines, with a clear understanding of clients’ ambitions, needs and pressures.
We specialise in consenting, permitting and licencing support for complex infrastructure developments and operations. We have successfully supported our clients in delivering sustainable projects in sectors including energy, industry, marine development and catchment management.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to take up the post of Practice Lead for the Terrestrial Ecology Team. The Team provides ecological advisory services across a range of projects and sectors, delivering Ecological Impact Assessments, undertaking and overseeing ecological surveys, development of mitigation and implementation of biodiversity net gain.
This role might be right for you if you have:
- Extensive experience in the delivery of Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Ecological Impact Assessments, Protected Species and/or Habitat Mitigation Strategies, Ecological Management Plans and Method Statements.
- Led and undertaken terrestrial ecological surveys and provide advice on mitigation measures using best practice.
- Hold protected species licences for a number of species.
- Experience of working with biodiversity net gain calculations.
- Excellent knowledge and a working understanding of relevant UK and EC wildlife legislation, planning policies and licensing regulations.
- Experience in advising clients (internal and external) and liaising with stakeholders in respect to terrestrial ecological aspects.
- Membership of CIEEM.
- CSCS card holder.
- Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) experience and/or liaising with Contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills.
And if you are:
- Dependable, pro-active and self-motivated
- Flexible and adaptive / innovative
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to Enhancing Society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models, including part time roles, to ensure a balance of family and working life.
About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
Peterborough, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Liverpool, Manchester, Brighton, London, Exeter