Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets. Waterman Infrastructure & Environment, a leading multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy is looking for a number of roles for its Northern Ecology team based in Leeds/Manchester.
We are looking for a Principal/Senior Ecologist to lead and develop our northern team based in Leeds/Manchester, with opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects primarily in the regeneration, property, transport and public sectors. Whilst predominantly based in your local region, the role will include regular co-operation and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with Waterman’s ‘One Team’ culture.
Candidates for the role will be degree qualified ecologists with a demonstrable track record in consultancy. Candidates should have:
- A thorough knowledge of ecological legislation and planning policy in the UK
- Ideally have experience in both linear infrastructure and property development projects
- Full Membership of CIEEM and/or Chartered Ecologist status
- Have more than 8 years’* experience in ecological consultancy or related sector
- Have experience of people management and ability to lead and develop a team
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication (including technical report writing) skills and an ability to prepare fee proposals
- Be able to undertake ecological surveys and desk-based studies to a high standard
- Have a solid understanding of conservation legislation and protected species licensing, ideally holding at least one survey/handling licence for a protected species
- Understand the EIA process and have experience in undertaking Ecological Impact Assessments
- Be able to provide pragmatic, commercially aware ecological advice to our portfolio of major clients
- Hold a full UK driving licence
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
- An opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team in a leading consultancy
- A comprehensive range of both ‘voluntary’ and ‘anytime’ benefits to match your lifestyle choice via our salary sacrifice scheme
- Excellent future career opportunities
*where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Closing date: 22 January 2021