Plough Lane Hereford
37.00 hours per week
Salary: £33,782.00 – 37,890.00
Closing Date: 13th August 2021
Located at the heart of the Marches, the historic border countryside where England meets Wales, Herefordshire is one of the most rural counties in England. Beautiful, unspoilt countryside, two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, historic parklands, the cathedral city of Hereford and attractive market towns provide an excellent quality of life.
In 2019 Herefordshire Council declared a climate emergency and committed to minimising our impact on the environment and aspiring to carbon neutrality by 2030. The scope of this declaration has now been broadened to encompass an ecological emergency, providing an exciting opportunity for the Natural Environment team to the lead the way in developing new initiatives across both the council and the wider county through our work with local nature partnerships.
Acting as principal advisor primarily in relation to Ecology matters, as well as the wider natural environment and responsible for the line management of the Natural Environment team; Ecology, Landscape, Open Space and Trees, your main duties are:
- To lead a team of technical officers promoting the understanding, conservation and proper management of the natural environment.
- To provide specialist advice in Ecology and the wider natural environment to both internal and external customers.
- To provide a lead role in planning and delivery on Habitats Regulations Assessments, nutrient impact assessment and strategic solutions including the council’s leading work on phosphate impacts of development within the River Lugg catchment of the River Wye.
- To work with other teams across the council to address the council’s recently declared Climate and Ecological Emergency.
- To deputise for the Service Manager Built and Natural Environment in respect of natural environment matters as and when required.
Better Ways of Working – The council supports flexible working including some home working and has desk space that can be booked within offices across the county within the city and market towns.
For an informal discussion, please contact; Liz Duberley Service Manager 01432 260788.