Wild Frontier Ecology is a CIEEM registered ecological consultancy based in Norfolk. We work with a wide range of clients; our enthusiastic team has built up a broad client base over the last few years, and has steadily grown and consolidated a good reputation. We are now looking to fill a vacancy for a Principal Ecologist to join our team. At present the consultancy has nine permanent staff who work as a close-knit team to deliver a consistently high-quality service across East Anglia and beyond.
We are currently offering a superb opportunity for a dynamic, committed and experienced ecologist specialising in bats, who is looking to develop their career. Responsibilities will include winning work, surveying and reporting, project management and co-ordination, report quality control and preparing/checking EPS licence applications. You will be given full support with CPD activities, and will be encouraged to take your expertise to the highest level where compatible with your duties. The post is anticipated to be full-time and permanent, but alternative options will be considered.
Key Skills and Experience
- Full Member ofCIEEM.
- Bat specialist, although expertise in other areas also useful/desirable.
- Level 2 NE survey licence for bats essential, with Level 3/4 desirable.
- Ability to run standard bat EPS licences essential, low impact class licence desirable.
- A minimum of five years’ experience within a consultancy business.
- IT literate, particularly with MS Office packages and QGIS.
- Experienced report author, some report reviewing experience an advantage.
- Experience of managing small, large and complex projects.
- Excellent knowledge of UK and EU wildlife legislation and planning policies.
Key Attributes of the Successful Applicant
- Accomplished in all aspects of bat ecology, and a good working knowledge of other protected and valued species issues.
- Able to liaise and communicate effectively with clients, third parties and colleagues.
- Able to delegate effectively.
- Highly organised and prepared for a busy working environment.
- Flexible with can-do attitude to work, to meet deadlines and to accommodate evening and overnight work associated with ecology surveys.
- Committed to a healthy work/ life balance.
More information about Wild Frontier Ecology can be found on the website at www.wildfrontier-ecology.co.uk.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, with a covering letter, to email@example.com by 15th February 2020.