Principal Ecologist (Leeds)
To assist the Ecology Team Manager in the management of the ecology team and delivery of projects. To take a lead role in ecology projects, assist in client care with existing clients and assist in business development with new clients.
Duties to include ecological survey and reporting, provision of ecological advice and mitigation including protected species licensing, liaison with internal/external clients and sub-contractors. Preparation of proposals for ecological work and input into large multi-disciplinary tenders.
Project management including financial management of projects.
Training and mentoring of junior ecology staff as part of senior ecology team.
Providing ecological support on projects managed throughout the UK (when required).
- Provide consultancy services in relation to ecology by undertaking both office and site based work.
- Prepare and undertake ecological surveys, produce reports and advise on mitigation.
- Botanical surveys or ornithological survey experience would be extremely advantageous
- Experience of gaining/holding NE development/mitigation licences would be advantageous.
- Ecological input into EIA, EcIA, HRA and other detailed assessments.
- Project management including responsibility for delivery projects on time and within budget.
- Develop and enhance existing skills in ecology.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and experience of liaison with statutory organisations.
- Involvement in the provision of consultancy services to utility companies, Highways England, internal clients, developers and other clients or their representatives.
- Assist in/undertake proposal writing.
- Assist in general marketing on behalf of the Company and develop customer relationships.
- Support innovation and upskilling of staff on digital survey methods and GIS systems.
- Act as Ecology project manager on large and medium scale projects.
- Identify/ Advise upon technical solutions.
- Undertake design delivery tasks as required to the programme and level of quality as defined by the line manager/team leader.
- Prepare drawings; prepare well written clear, accurate and well presented reports. Management of self to achieve defined targets.
- Collation of information, monitoring and reporting of Clients key performance indicators.
- Lead/ assist production of bids.
- Lead/ assist management of teams.
- Project invoicing.
- Management of suppliers/subcontractors.
- Act as mentor to junior staff.
- Provide example to others to promote enthusiasm and expertise.
To Apply please go to the Sweco careers website (https://www.sweco.co.uk/career/) and apply through the online portal.