Location: Based out of offices in Hampshire and Hertfordshire. Home working to be discussed
We are seeking a Principal Ecologist to lead our terrestrial ecology team and act as technical lead for terrestrial / protected species ecology. The candidate will report directly to the Commercial Director and work closely with our contracting, design and aquatic ecology teams. The role will be challenging, varied and offer fantastic opportunities to improve and develop technical skill sets as well as experience of design and delivery of a wide range of schemes across the UK. You will provide a key role in ensuring our habitat translocation, restoration and enhancement projects are delivered in the best possible way, at all times led by the latest science and research. We are looking for a creative, critical thinker to help us add value across our projects and play a key part in delivering the Government’s 25-year Environmental Plan.
The candidate should have significant demonstrable relevant industry experience covering survey, licencing, and mitigation works. We would expect:
- Passion, commitment and a drive to be the best
- A people person with great communication skills – a natural leader
- Full member of CIEEM, ideally chartered status
- 10+ years relevant industry experience
- Holder of multiple protected species survey and mitigation licences
- Commercial experience, feeding into quotes and tenders
- Experience of working on large infrastructure projects
- An opportunity to help shape all our activities in a growing organisation, we are a relatively small organisation where everyone has input into our future growth and plans
- The chance to work on some of the most ambitious and ground breaking ecological restoration projects in the UK, making a real difference
- A personalised development plan and clear career progression
- Varied projects and clients, fantastic exposure and opportunities to continually refine skills and practice
- Support with professional development
- Potential to set up a new regional office
You will be enrolled on the company pension scheme and have an annual leave allowance that increases with years served.
To follow the apply now button to submit your CV and a cover letter by the 21st of December 2020.