Exciting opportunities for an ambitious and talented Lead Ecologist
A great opportunity has arisen for ambitious and enthusiastic Lead Ecologist to join the growing team at James Blake Associates. You will be providing support to the Ecology team, whilst leading on a wide range of projects, getting great support, training and exposure. This is a fantastic opportunity to realise your ambitions and join a great team of like-minded Ecologists. We work closely with other disciplines internally and professionals from external organisations, as collaboration and teamwork are key to our success.
Who We Are?
We are a well-established (32 years), award winning, multi-disciplinary practice with professionals in Ecology, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning and Arboriculture, based in Suffolk, and proud of the culture, values, team spirit and vision we share – ‘together, making a difference, creating better, greener places and brighter futures.’
We specialise in the retention and incorporation of greener and more natural Green Infrastructure into residential development but also carry out consultancy services for all sectors including commercial, leisure, local government and infrastructure/ utility projects.
About You and What You’ll Need
To be successful in this role, your knowledge, skills, experience and attributes will include the following:
- BSc or equivalent qualification in Ecology, Biological Sciences or similar
- Minimum 3 years post graduate experience
- At least 1 Protected Species licence, ideally Bats or GCN
- Associate membership of CIEEM
- Excellent analysis and report writing skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Professional, enthusiastic with a positive personality – happy to engage with clients and colleagues alike.
- A pragmatic and common-sense approach to project management and the ability to liaise with the Senior ecologist and Team leader to deliver successful project outcomes.
What We Offer
- A competitive starting salary for the successful candidate.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Ability to work from home when agreed (subject to current Government Guidance).
- Access to pool cars.
- Training internally.
- Opportunities for promotion as the department grows for the right candidate.
For further information, please call or email, and see our website: www.jba-landmarc.com : email our recruitment team at email@example.com, leave your phone number and we’ll get straight back to you.
To apply, please complete our Application Form which is located on our website.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Closing date: end of March 25th 2021 unless we find the right candidate before then.