As a Junior Design Technician at Five Rivers, you’ll be joining a team of passionate and proactive industry experts with sustainability at its core. Together we thrive on a supportive culture which nurtures development, innovation, and a collaborative approach to delivering our ecological services. As a junior member of the team you will supported through your development and given the opportunity to hone your skills with one of the best teams in the industry.
Five Rivers is widely recognised as an industry specialist in the consultation, design and implementation of ecological and environmental solutions. With over 25 years’ working with nature, the business is experiencing sustained growth driven by its customer centric focus and ability to attract and retain the best talent. Our services deliver environmental protection, enhancement and restoration through ecological mitigation, habitat improvement and environmental monitoring. A specialist of choice, Five Rivers delivers innovative, and sensitive solutions across all sectors. Our capabilities are ever-expanding and encompass both terrestrial and aquatic habitat monitoring and enhancement with a true passion for rivers and wetlands.
Join us today and be part of our incredible journey!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, dynamic and collaborative team supporting project managers and designers, to deliver multiple projects in our innovative design team. The role will be challenging, varied and offer fantastic opportunity to refine technical skills and develop the successful candidates wider career. The role will be a remote working role with sporadic work from our new Head Office at Thruxton Airfield, Hampshire when required.
- Development of outline and detailed design options focussing on river and wetland habitat improvements along with ecological mitigation.
- Preparation of information to support design works including detailed design reports and appendices, Method statements and Risk assessments and applications for statutory permissions.
- Development of scaled outline and detailed construction drawings, graphics and visualisations for use in construction projects, environmental statements, statutory consenting and associated planning documents.
- Development of tender documents and supporting on design tendering bids.
- Supporting senior staff with requests for information and quotes from suppliers and providers for all design projects.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in designing and developing options for construction within the Water environment.
- Experience of some or all of the following would also be advantageous: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Revit, LSS, ProjectWise and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Experience of writing design reports
- Computer literate, especially Microsoft packages
- Highly organised and motivated
- Well organised, able to prioritise and plan workload
- Good verbal communication and written skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum BSc or BEng (potentially Masters of PhD) in Geography, engineering or a relevant field
- Graduate member of CIWEM or similar Institute and working towards chartered status (not mandatory, but preferred)
- Ideally at least two years’ experience working within the industry
- Full driving licence.
Salary Range & Benefits
- £23,000 with some flexibility
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- An amazing and supportive company culture
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply before 12 April 2021 for immediate consideration (please note that if we receive a high volume of applications, the closing date may be brought forward). Apply now by clicking the link and providing the information requested.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Jack Herriott, Principal Hydrogeomorphologist on (01722) 783041.
Interviews for this post will be conducted virtually and are scheduled to take place on 20 – 22 April 2021.
No agencies please.