This role is part of the New to Nature programme, funded by The National Heritage Lottery Fund, that offers paid work placements to young people from diverse backgrounds to undertake roles across the natural environment and landscape sector.
The Green Jobs for Nature Outreach Assistant role will offer a young person a 12-month paid work placement with the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
- Location: Ampfield, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 9BD with flexibility for home working
- 35 hours per week. Will consider part time role as a reasonable adjustment.
The twin environmental crises we are facing of biodiversity loss and climate change mean that the work of those doing nature-based jobs is ever more important. But the sector is often invisible to young people especially, if they lack a role model or are not aware of the career opportunities available.
To address this, CIEEM has launched a new Green Jobs for Nature website as part of a movement to raise awareness of the wide range of nature-based roles available, the skills needed, and how to get a job in ecology and environmental management.
The main aim of this role will be to support our Green Jobs for Nature outreach work by managing the Green Jobs for Nature website and supporting our campaign to promote it to young people, especially those from backgrounds that are currently under-represented in our sector which includes people with disabilities, people of colour and people from low income households.
Working with the Professional Development Manager, the role work will involve engaging with key audiences, stakeholders and channels to help deliver this exciting campaign.
Key responsibilities and activities:
- Day to day management and assisting with the development of new content for the Green Jobs for Nature website, with content sourced from CIEEM members, stakeholders and partner organisations
- Supporting the production of resource materials for Green Jobs for Nature outreach work and careers advice
- Liaison with key stakeholder organisations across the industry to support their involvement in the campaign.
- Sourcing content for the Green Jobs for Nature website from a variety of sources including writing your own copy
- Creation of content for social media channels aimed at the target audience
- Working with CIEEM’s Equality, and Inclusion Engagement Officer on a variety of related engagement activities.
- Supporting delivery of additional elements of our early careers work, including the recruitment of STEM Ambassadors.
In return, we offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and enthusiastic team with encouragement to contribute their ideas and creativity based on their lived experiences and interests.
Skills & Knowledge
- Good written skills
- Confident oral communicator
- Ability to build effective relationships with people from a range of backgrounds
- Good IT skills
- Creative thinker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team
- An interest in nature and the environment
- Working collaboratively with others
- Interest in creating, maintaining, editing and developing website content
- Creating content for a range of social media channels
- Interest in managing projects or activities successfully
For further details regarding this role, including the ongoing training and support available, have a look at the Green Jobs for Nature Outreach Assistant vacancy pack.
We’re particularly interested in receiving applications from young people (aged 18-25) who are from ethnically diverse backgrounds, who are living with a disability or are from low-income households.
Click here to read CIEEM’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy (March 2022)
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this placement via the following link: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NTNPlacementApplication22
Closing date is 12pm on Friday 17 February 2023.
This is hosted by Groundwork UK who will check the suitability of applicants, before passing the application on to the placement organisation, who will shortlist applicants to an informal interview process.
Please ensure you carefully select the correct role from the drop-down list, to ensure your details are passed to the correct placement organisation.
If you have any questions about the application form, contact Groundwork UK at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you to let you know whether you have been shortlisted for interview.
We expect to conduct interviews in-person or online the week beginning 13 March 2023.
If you have any questions about the role or interview process please contact us at: email@example.com or call the office on 01962 868626.